😀 Hello! Hope you all are well! The last time I posted was January 8 – where does the time go, my friends? Wish I could find it, 😛
So, what do I have to share today? Well, it’s a delicious and easy salad based on Peanut Chaat, an Indian peanut salad. I’ve taken quite a few liberties with the traditional recipe. For one, the salad is usually made with boiled peanuts, but I subbed in unsalted dry-roasted peanuts. Also, I added avocado, simply because it was in the fridge and needed to be used. Finally, I used parsley and mint, rather than cilantro and mint. I love cilantro in this recipe, but I didn’t have any, so parsley it was! Simple, delicious, flavorful – my kind of salad!
- ¼ cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- ¼ Haas avocado, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (seeded or not, your choice)
- 3 mint leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together – devour!
Calories: 362; Fat: 31 g; Sodium: 10 mg; Potassium: 660 mg; Total carbohydrates: 17 g; Fiber: 5 g; Protein: 9 g