- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove pie crust from freezer before preparing brownie and cheesecake batters.
- Prepare cheesecake layer:
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 3 teaspoons espresso powder.
- Beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Prepare brownie layer:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped semi-sweet chocolate and butter.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, remove from microwave and stir until chocolate and butter are smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat in the eggs; stir in the flour and remaining 2 teaspoons of espresso powder until no streaks of flour remain.
- Assemble pie:
- Spoon half of the brownie batter into the pie crust, smoothing with a spoon.
- Add the cheesecake batter and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Carefully dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cheesecake batter and smooth with back of spoon.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool, then spread hot fudge sauce over top of pie and sprinkle on pecans.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours before slicing.
Linked to the following parties:
Marvelous Mess Monday @ Marvelously Messy
Mealtime Monday @ Couponing-n-Cooking
Things that make you say Mmmmm @Cooking with Karyn
Crazy Cooking Challenge @ A Southern Fairytale
Makin You Crave Monday @Mrs. Happy Homemaker
Made by You Monday @ Skip To My Lou
Mangia Monday @Delightfully Downing
Show Me What You Got @Our Delightful Home
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday @ Blessed With Grace
Delicious Dishes @ It’s a Blog Party
Cast Party Wednesday @Lady Behind the Curtain
Taking a Time-out Thursday @Mom on Timeout
Homemade by You @Pincushion Creations
Gallery of Favorites @The 21st Century Housewife