1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon salt
14 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup strong black coffee, cooled
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Spray or butter a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Line pan with foil or parchment, allowing ends to hang over short sides of pan.
- If using foil, spray with additional non-stick spray; set pan aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, and coffee; cook over medium heat until sugar and butter melt and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Immediately pour mixture over chopped chocolate in bowl and let stand 2 minutes (do not stir).
- Beat mixture at low speed of an electric mixer until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour mixture; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, pour on glaze and chill at least 2 hours.
- Remove brownies from pan, using foil as handles; cut into squares.
2 teaspoons espresso powder
3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
- In a microwave-save bowl or measuring cup, stir espresso powder and 3 tablespoons cream together; microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds, or until espresso has dissolved.
- Stir into powdered sugar, adding additional cream if necessary.
- Add vanilla and pour over brownies.
Brownie recipe adapted from Southern Living.